This White Peach Sangria is a refreshing blend of Peach-Basil Syrup, Pinot Grigio, grape juice, brandy, and peaches.
White Peach Sangria
Makes 8 cups
- Peach-Basil Syrup:
- 2 white peaches , quartered, sliced, and unpeeled
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 (750-ml) bottle Pinot Grigio, chilled
- 2 cups white grape juice
- ⅓ cup brandy
- 3 white peaches, sliced
- blooming basil
- In a medium saucepan, combine peaches, 1 cup water, sugar, and basil. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. Let cool completely. Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into an airtight container; discard solids.
- In a pitcher, combine 1 cup Peach-Basil Syrup, wine, grape juice, brandy, and peaches. Chill until ready to serve. Divide among goblets. Garnish with basil, if desired.
For more recipes featuring peaches, see “Peaches Sublime” on page 85 of the July/August 2017 issue of Victoria.