Add our delicious Vegetable Spring Rolls with Lemon-Herb Vinaigrette to your upcoming dinner or lunch menu.
Vegetable Spring Rolls
- 1 (8-ounce) package miniature rainbow carrots, peeled and cut matchstick-thin
- 3 stalks celery, cut matchstick-thin
- ½ daikon, cut matchstick-thin
- ½ cup alfalfa sprouts
- ½ cup Lemon-Herb Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- 1 head butter lettuce, washed, trimmed, and cut into 12 (4-inch) leaves
- 12 blanched chives*
- In a small bowl, combine carrots, celery, daikon, and sprouts. Add Lemon-Herb Vinaigrette, and toss to coat.
- Divide vegetables among lettuce leaves; roll to cover. Secure each bundle by tying with a chive. Serve immediately. *To blanch chives, cook for about 10 seconds in simmering water, or microwave for about 15 seconds in a paper towel. Chives will be delicate, so preparing extra allows for breakage.
Makes 1½ cups
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, lemon juice, and shallot. Let stand for at least 10 minutes.
- Add sugar, salt, pepper, chives, dill, and parsley, whisking to combine. Gradually drizzle olive oil into vinegar mixture, whisking constantly. Cover, and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Bring to room temperature, and whisk before using.
For more see, “A Feast of Beauty” on page 37 of the March/April 2017 issue of Victoria.