Indulge in the tastes of a local coffeehouse without ever leaving the sublime comforts of your home. A clean and creamy twist to the classic winter beverage, our Spiced White Hot Chocolate pairs perfectly with crisp, sugary Stroopwafels, delicate sandwich cookies with caramel filling.
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12-ounce) jar hot caramel sauce*
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, brown sugar, and salt with a mixer at medium speed until creamy.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder; add to egg mixture, beating until smooth. Beat in melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Heat a pizzelle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions. Spoon batter into pizzelle iron, and cook according to manufacturer’s instructions. Using a sharp knife or kitchen shears, trim edges of cookies, if needed. Let cool completely on wire racks.
- Spread approximately 1 teaspoon caramel sauce over one side of half of cookies. Top with remaining cookies to make a sandwich. Store in airtight containers for up to 3 days.
For more cozy winter recipes, see “A Cup of Coziness” in the January/February 2019 issue, available on newsstands and at Victoriamag.com.