These Open-Faced Sandwiches are delectable combination of fresh peaches, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar on sourdough bread.
- 1 (16-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 cup white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 6 slices rustic sourdough bread
- 3 peaches, halved
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- Garnish: fresh thyme leaves
- In a colander lined with paper towels and set over a bowl, place ricotta. Refrigerate overnight.
- In a small saucepan, cook vinegar over medium heat until it reduces to ⅓ cup, about 15 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Whisk together vinegar reduction, olive oil, honey, and 2 teaspoons salt. Brush mixture over bread slices and peach halves.
- Heat a grill skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add bread slices to pan, and grill 1 to 3 minutes; remove from pan. Place peaches, cut-sides down, in pan; grill 1 to 2 minutes.
- Combine ricotta, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, Parmesan, and thyme. Spread mixture onto grilled bread. Top with peaches, and drizzle to taste with balsamic mixture. Garnish with thyme leaves, if desired. Serve immediately.
For more recipes featuring peaches, see “Peaches Sublime” on page 85 of the July/August 2017 issue of Victoria.