This Meyer Lemon and Thyme Pound Cake is a classic citrus treat.
Meyer Lemon and Thyme Pound Cake
Makes 2 (8-inch) loaves
Write a review
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh Meyer lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 4 eggs
- 1 recipe Meyer Lemon Glaze (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350˚. Position a rack in the center of the oven. Spray 2 (8x5x3-inch) loaf pans with baking spray with flour; line bottom of pan with a parchment paper rectangle, and spray again.
- In a large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, cake flour, baking powder, and salt; sift three times, and set aside. In a small bowl, combine the buttermilk, Meyer lemon juice, and vanilla extract; set aside.
- In a separate large bowl and using an electric mixer at high speed, beat the butter for 1 minute, or until soft and creamy. Slowly add the sugar, Meyer lemon zest, and thyme; increase mixer speed to high, and continue beating for 10 minutes, or until very light and creamy. Scrape down the sides of bowl as necessary.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down the sides of bowl. Reduce mixer speed to low; alternately add the flour mixture and the buttermilk mixture to the butter mixture, mixing until just incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pans. Bake for 40 minutes; cover pans with aluminum foil, and continue baking for 40 minutes more, or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Transfer pans to a wire rack, and cool cakes in pans for 10 minutes. Carefully remove cakes from pans, and spoon Meyer Lemon Glaze over tops. Cool completely before serving.
Meyer Lemon Glaze
Write a review
- 1/2 cup fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and scraped, seeds reserved
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Meyer lemon juice, confectioners’ sugar, and reserved vanilla bean seeds until smooth. Use immediately.
Hey there I am so excited I found your site, I really found you by accident,
while I was searching on Bing for something else, Anyways I am here now and would just like to say thanks a lot for a marvelous post and a all round enjoyable blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read through it all at the moment but I have saved it and also added in your RSS feeds,
so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do
keep up the awesome jo.
Guys, Thanks For sharing this Great Recipe. My Family Loved it. I am definitely sharing this recipe and this website with my friend. Hope they also love it. Thank you again for sharing such a great recipe.