These Lobster Salad in Puff Pastries are a great addition to your upcoming afternoon tea events.
Lobster Salad in Puff Pastry
Makes 24 servings
- 1 (9.5-ounce) box frozen miniature puff pastry shells
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 4 medium lobster tails, meat removed and chopped
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Garnish: fresh thyme, micro greens
- Bake shells according to package directions.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add shallots, and cook until fragrant and nearly translucent, about 2 minutes. Add lobster, and cook until meat is opaque, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer cooked lobster to a large bowl, and let cool slightly. Add eggs, mustard, cayenne pepper, salt, black pepper, and mayonnaise; gently toss.
To see more read “A Festive May Day Tea,” on page 27 of the Teatime Bliss 2017 issue of Victoria.