Limoncello Spritzer refreshes with Italian liqueur, Spanish wine, sparkling water, and homemade lavender syrup. A garnish of lemon and a sprig of purple add visual appeal.
Limoncello Spritzer with Lavender Syrup
Makes 1 drink
- 1 ounce limoncello, chilled
- ½ cup Cava
- 2 ounces lemon-flavored Italian sparkling water*
- ¼ ounce Lavender Syrup (recipe follows)
- Garnish: lemon slice, lavender sprig
- In a glass, layer limoncello, Cava, sparkling water, and Lavender Syrup; serve with ice, if preferred
- Garnish with a lemon slice and lavender sprig, if desired.
Note: We used Sanpellegrino Limonata.
Makes 1 cup
- 1 cup water
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lavender blossoms
- 1 tablespoon blueberries
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1 cup water and sugar to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, add lavender and blueberries, and let steep for 10 minutes; crush blueberries and steep 10 minutes more.
- Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve, discarding lavender and blueberries. Refrigerate until completely cool. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.