Any holiday-themed cocktail beautifully complements creamy Smoked Gouda & Walnut Spread—irresistible as a topping on savory Handmade Salt & Pepper Crackers.
- 1½ cups semolina flour
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2½ teaspoons coarse salt, divided
- 1 cup warm water
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons black truffle oil, divided
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine semolina flour, all-purpose flour, and 1 teaspoon salt. Add 1 cup warm water, olive oil, and 2 tablespoons truffle oil, and beat with a mixer at medium speed for 5 to 7 minutes. Dough should feel slightly sticky. Add more flour if too wet or more water if too dry.
- Divide dough in half, and shape each half into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap, and let rest at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place baking stone in oven to heat.
- In a small bowl, combine parsley, cheese, remaining 1½ teaspoons salt, and pepper.
- Roll each dough ball to a ⅛-inch thickness. Using a pizza wheel, cut dough into 2- to 3-inch crackers. Brush dough pieces with remaining ¼ cup truffle oil. Sprinkle evenly with parsley mixture.
- Bake on hot baking stone in batches until crackers are crisp and browned around edges, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely before serving. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
For more delectable additions to the holiday sideboard, see “Ambrosial Fare” on page 73 of the Holiday Bliss 2017 issue of Victoria Classics.