Ham-and-Apricot Pinwheels are a great addition to your upcoming afternoon tea events.
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 1½ cups baby arugula leaves
- 12 thin slices deli ham
- 36 blanched chives*
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, dried apricots, and apricot preserves.
- Using a knife, spread cream cheese mixture onto each flour tortilla, approximately 3 tablespoons per tortilla. For each tortilla, layer approximately ¼ cup arugula and 2 slices ham over cream cheese mixture.
- Roll up each tortilla, and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour, and cut into spirals. Wrap each spiral with a blanched chive, and secure with a loose knot.
- *To blanch chives, cook for about 10 seconds in simmering water, or microwave for about 15 seconds in a paper towel. Chives will be delicate, so preparing extra allows for breakage.
To see more read “A Festive May Day Tea,” on page 27 of the Teatime Bliss 2017 issue of Victoria.