Prepare inspired settings and Dried Apricot Scones for a welcoming gathering where guests will feel honored and cherished, and memorable moments can be shared.
Dried Apricot Scones
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup plus 2 teaspoons granulated sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream, divided
- Honey-Pistachio Cream (recipe follows)
- Fresh fruit (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375˚. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, ½ cup sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender or 2 forks, cut butter into flour mixture until crumbly. Add apricots, stirring to combine well. Add 1 cup heavy cream, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- On a lightly floured surface, pat dough to an 8½-inch circle. Cut scones into 8 equal wedges.
- Place on prepared pan. Brush tops of scones with remaining 1 tablespoon heavy cream, and sprinkle with remaining 2 teaspoons sugar.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Serve with Honey-Pistachio Cream and fruit, if desired.
Makes 1¼ cups
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup very finely chopped roasted, salted pistachios
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream, and honey with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add heavy cream; beat until stiff peaks form. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Immediately before serving, stir in pistachios.