Prepare inspired settings and Dried Apricot Scones for a welcoming gathering where guests will feel honored and cherished, and memorable moments can be shared.
Dried Apricot Scones
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup plus 2 teaspoons granulated sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream, divided
- Honey-Pistachio Cream (recipe follows)
- Fresh fruit (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375˚. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, ½ cup sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender or 2 forks, cut butter into flour mixture until crumbly. Add apricots, stirring to combine well. Add 1 cup heavy cream, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- On a lightly floured surface, pat dough to an 8½-inch circle. Cut scones into 8 equal wedges.
- Place on prepared pan. Brush tops of scones with remaining 1 tablespoon heavy cream, and sprinkle with remaining 2 teaspoons sugar.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Serve with Honey-Pistachio Cream and fruit, if desired.
Makes 1¼ cups
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup very finely chopped roasted, salted pistachios
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream, and honey with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add heavy cream; beat until stiff peaks form. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Immediately before serving, stir in pistachios.
For more sweet and savory recipes to be shared with friends, see the Victoria Classics Tea Pleasures 2019 issue, available on newsstands and at Victoriamag.com.