These Cucumber Tea Sandwiches with Herb Aïoli are a great addition to your upcoming afternoon tea events.
Cucumber Tea Sandwiches
- ½ seedless cucumber, peeled and cut into ⅛-inch-thick slices
- 16 slices thin-slice white bread, crusts removed
- 1 recipe Herb Aïoli (recipe follows)
- Garnish: sliced cucumbers, sliced radishes, asparagus, celery leaf
- Place cucumber slices between layers of paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Spread each bread slice with Herb Aïoli. Layer cucumber slices over aïoli on eight bread slices. Top each with a remaining
- bread slice. Cut each sandwich into quarters. Garnish with cucumber and radish slices, asparagus, and celery leaf, if desired.
Makes 1½ cups
- 1½ cups mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, dill, parsley, thyme, and chives. Mix until smooth. Cover, and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
To see more read “A Festive May Day Tea,” on page 27 of the Teatime Bliss 2017 issue of Victoria.