The Clementine French 75 substitutes freshly squeezed clementine for the customary lemon juice—an exotic twist for the robust cocktail. Pictured with Cranberry and Clementine Mulled Wine.
Clementine French 75
Makes 4 drinks
- 1 clementine
- 4 small Demerara sugar cubes
- ½ cup gin*, chilled
- 1 cup dry Champagne or Prosecco, chilled
- Using a small paring knife, cut 4 narrow strips of clementine peel. Rub the rim of each glass with the outside of the peel, and place in glass.
- Halve clementine, and squeeze ¼ cup juice into a measuring cup.
- Into each glass, pour 1 tablespoon juice and add 1 sugar cube; let sit for 5 minutes. Top each glass with 1 ounce gin and 2 ounces Champagne or Prosecco.
*We used Hendrick’s Gin.
For more fruity recipes to spice up your holiday season, see “Cranberries & Clementines” in the November/December 2019 issue, available on newsstands and at Victoriamag.com.