These Chocolate Mousse in Chocolate Cups are a delectable treat.
Chocolate Mousse in Chocolate Cups
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 tablespoons hot hibiscus tea
- ⅔ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 (3-ounce) boxes chocolate dessert cups*
- Garnish: fresh raspberries, confectioners’ sugar, edible flowers
- In a small bowl, combine gelatin and 1 tablespoon water; let mixture soften for 3 to 5 minutes. Add hot tea to gelatin mixture, whisking until gelatin is dissolved.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar and cocoa.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream with a mixer at medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Add confectioners’ sugar mixture, and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Add gelatin mixture and vanilla extract, and beat to combine. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe mousse into chocolate cups. Garnish with raspberries, confectioners’ sugar, and edible flowers, if desired. *For testing purposes, our test kitchen used ChocoMaker Dark Belgian Chocolate Dessert Cups, which are available at chocomaker.com.
For more see, “A Feast of Beauty” on page 37 of the March/April 2017 issue of Victoria.