These Carrot Pound Cakes are a perfect sweet treat to end a meal or afternoon tea.
Carrot Pound Cakes
Makes 12 mini Bundt cakes
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- ½ (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ⅓ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- Garnish: confectioners’ sugar, culinary lavender
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a 12-cup mini Bundt cake pan with baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter and cream cheese with a mixer at medium-high speed until creamy. Gradually add granulated sugar, beating at medium speed for 5 to 7 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and cinnamon. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Add vanilla extract and carrots.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 30 to 45 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes; remove from pan, and let cool completely on wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners’ sugar and cream, whisking until smooth. Drizzle over half of cooled cakes. Garnish with confectioners’ sugar and culinary lavender, if desired.
To see more read “A Festive May Day Tea,” on page 27 of the Teatime Bliss 2017 issue of Victoria.