This fresh and fragrant Berries and Cream delight mixes strawberries and raspberries with whipping cream spiked with raspberry liqueur.
Berries and Cream
Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup raspberry liqueur, divided
- ¼ cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- Garnish: fresh mint, fresh strawberries, and fresh raspberries
- In a medium bowl, combine cream, 2 tablespoons liqueur, and 2 tablespoons sugar. Using a mixer at high speed, beat until medium peaks form; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine strawberries, remaining 3 tablespoons liqueur, and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar. Let mixture sit for at least 15 minutes. Divide mixture among 4 dessert glasses. Top each with about ½ cup cream mixture. Garnish with mint, strawberries, and raspberries, if desired. Serve immediately.
For more spring-inspired recipes, see “The Call of Spring” on page 75 of the March/April 2013 issue. This issue is no longer available in our shop or in the Hoffman Store.