Slowly and reverently, sip Apple and Spice Wassail, allowing cozy notes of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and cardamom to mingle on the palate with a tangy blend of orange juice, cider, and fresh fruit. The aroma of this refresher offers its own gracious welcome.
- 4 cups filtered 100% apple cider*
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 Honeycrisp apple, sliced
- ½ cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- ½ teaspoon apple pie spice
- Garnish: apple slices, fresh cranberries
- In a small Dutch oven, combine cider, orange juice, cinnamon sticks, apple slices, cranberries, and apple pie spice. Cook over medium heat until heated through, about 10 minutes (do not boil). Garnish with apple slices and cranberries, if desired.