The eyes of adults will still grow wide in wonder with a glimpse of Watermelon Salad, a vibrant medley of arugula and other crisp accompaniments crowned with drizzles of smooth peach balsamic glaze.
Watermelon Salad with Peach Balsamic Glaze
Makes 6 servings
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup chopped peeled peaches (approximately 1 medium peach)
- 8 cups baby arugula
- 2½ cups diced seedless watermelon
- 1½ cups diced seedless cucumber
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup salted roasted pepitas
- Garnish: arugula leaves
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar and peaches; bring to a slow boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook until mixture begins to coat the back of a spoon and has reduced by half, around 20 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to the container of a blender; process until smooth. Pour into a small bowl, and let cool completely, about 10 minutes.
- In a serving bowl, combine arugula, watermelon, cucumber, cheese, and mint; toss gently to combine. Drizzle with balsamic glaze. Sprinkle with pepitas. Garnish with arugula, if desired.