Who could resist the genial offering of tangy Watermelon-Kiwi Ice Pops? No doubt, these frosty treats will serve as a prelude to lifelong friendship.
Watermelon-Kiwi Ice Pops
Makes 10 ice pops
- 3 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 tablespoon plus 1½ teaspoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon light corn syrup, divided
- 2 cups cubed peeled kiwi (approximately 5 medium kiwi)
- In the container of a blender, combine watermelon, 1 tablespoon sugar, and 1 tablespoon corn syrup; process until smooth.
- Divide mixture among 10 (3-ounce) plastic ice pop moulds, filling two-thirds full. Freeze until set, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a clean blender container, combine kiwi, remaining 1½ teaspoon sugar, and remaining 1 teaspoon corn syrup; process until mixture is smooth.
- When watermelon layer is set, pour kiwi mixture over watermelon mixture, dividing evenly. Freeze for about 10 minutes before inserting pop sticks. Insert sticks and freeze until firm, about 2 hours.