Our repast begins with notes from the fruits of the season and classic holiday dishes, thanks to cranberry sage aioli, which lends festive flair to our hearty Turkey Finger Sandwiches. In modest yet entirely satisfying portions, these samples call to mind all the best parts of a Thanksgiving feast.
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh sage
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, frozen
- 12 slices thin sliced deli-style roast turkey
- ½ cup prepared whole-berry cranberry sauce
- Garnish: fresh sage leaves
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, cream cheese, and minced sage.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture over each frozen bread slice. Top half of bread slices with 3 turkey slices each, folding and trimming turkey to fit. Cover with an even layer of cranberry sauce, and top with a few sprigs watercress. Cover with remaining bread slices.
- Using a serrated knife and a gentle sawing motion, trim crusts from sandwiches to create a perfect square. Cut each sandwich into 2 rectangles.
- Serve immediately or cover with damp paper towels, place in a covered container, and refrigerate for a few hours. Garnish with sage leaves, if desired.
To find more recipes from this festive autumn tea celebration, see “Steeped in Gratitude” in the October/November 2022 issue, available on newsstands and at victoriamag.com.