Write a review
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped dried apricots
- 1 1/4 cups salted sunflower seeds, divided
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup cold whole milk
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray 6 (41/2-inch) loaf pans with nonstick spray with flour; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in chopped apricots, sunflower seeds, and orange zest. Pour in milk, and stir until mixture is well combined.
- Divide batter evenly among pans, smoothing the tops with lightly oiled hands. Bake 15 to 25 minutes, or until tops are golden brown. Cool 10 minutes in pans, then transfer loaves to a wire rack to cool completely.