Makes 6 servings
Write a review
- 2 quarts water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16-ounce) package fusilli
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 4 graffiti eggplants, diced
- 2 medium yellow squash, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 3 cups chopped heirloom tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chervil
- Garnish: torn fresh basil
- In a heavy-bottomed stockpot, bring water to a rapid boil. Add salt. Add pasta, and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, to desired degree of doneness, about 6 to 8 minutes. Drain, and toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil; set aside.
- In a 4-quart Dutch oven, heat remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, yellow bell pepper, red bell pepper, and green bell pepper, and cook, stirring often, until tender, about 10 minutes. Add eggplants, and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add yellow squash, zucchini, tomatoes, coarse salt, pepper, thyme, and chervil; mix well.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until vegetables are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Stir into pasta. Garnish with basil, if desired. Serve immediately.