Makes about 2 dozen
Write a review
- ⅔ cup water
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Garnish: confectioners’ sugar
- In a small saucepan over high heat, bring water to a boil; remove from heat. Add the butter, and stir until melted. Add the sugar, and whisk constantly until dissolved. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Add the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt, whisking until smooth. Stir in egg and vanilla extract, mixing thoroughly. Cook krumkake in a krumkake iron* according to manufacturer’s instructions. Garnish with confectioners’ sugar if desired.
- *For testing purposes, our test kitchen used a Villaware Krumkake iron, which can be purchased online at villaware.com.