This Spiced Apple-Brandy Milk Punch is a perfect additional to a winter cocktail hour or brunch.
Spiced Apple-Brandy Milk Punch
Makes 1 1/2 gallons
Write a review
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cardamom pods
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and scraped, seeds reserved
- 1/4 piece fresh nutmeg
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle apple brandy*
- 1 gallon milk
- Garnish: grated fresh nutmeg
- In a small saucepan, combine water, sugar, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, reserved vanilla seeds, and nutmeg. Cook over medium-high heat until mixture boils, stirring often and brushing down sides of pan, as necessary, to prevent crystallization. Reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, and cool to room temperature. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- In a large punch bowl, combine syrup, brandy, and milk, whisking to combine. Garnish with grated fresh nutmeg, if desired. Serve immediately.
- *For testing purposes, our test kitchen used Calvados.
For more recipes, read “Luxury of Cream” on page 40 in the November/December 2012 issue of Victoria magazine.