Any holiday-themed cocktail beautifully complements creamy Smoked Gouda & Walnut Spread—irresistible as a topping on savory Handmade Salt & Pepper Crackers.
Smoked Gouda & Walnut Spread
Makes 1 (12x3-inch) log
- 1 (8-ounce) smoked Gouda, shredded, room temperature
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons horseradish mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 cups walnuts, toasted and finely chopped
- In the work bowl of a food processor, combine Gouda, cream cheese, butter, mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and salt. Process until mixture is uniform, about 1 minute.
- On parchment paper, shape mixture into a 12x3-inch log. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- Roll log in walnuts, wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
For more delectable additions to the holiday sideboard, see “Ambrosial Fare” on page 73 of the Holiday Bliss 2017 issue of Victoria Classics.