Temper an overabundant harvest by serving up a well-rounded tasting sampler of Winter Squash-and-Mushroom Medley. Our varieties include a trio of carnival, butternut, and hubbard squash mixed with an earthy assortment of wild mushrooms.
Winter Squash-and-Mushroom Medley
Makes 6 servings
Write a review
- 3 cups peeled, seeded, and chopped carnival squash
- 3 cups peeled, seeded, and chopped butternut squash
- 3 cups peeled, seeded, and chopped hubbard squash
- 2 (8-ounce) packages wild-mushroom medley
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, mix together carnival, butternut, and hubbard squash and mushrooms. Add melted butter, olive oil, salt, and pepper, and stir to combine. Place on prepared baking sheet. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, or until tender and brown. Garnish with thyme, if desired.