Brussels Sprouts and Red Pearl Onions
Makes 10 to 12 servings
Write a review
- 8 slices pancetta
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 (16-ounce) package red pearl onions, peeled
- 4 shallots, quartered
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook pancetta over medium-high heat until browned.Remove from pan, drain on a paper towel, and reserve; discard drippings.
- In the same Dutch oven, add olive oil, Brussels sprouts, onions, shallots, water, butter, sugar, salt, and pepper. Simmer over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for approximately 15 minutes, or until almost all water has evaporated from pan. Add reserved pancetta. Cook for 2 minutes. Serve immediately.