Roasted Salt-and-Vinegar Potatoes—baby reds sliced, cooked, and simply dressed—prove a comforting staple.
Roasted Salt-and-Vinegar Potatoes
Makes 6 servings
Write a review
- 2 pounds baby red potatoes, cut lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick slices
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons malt vinegar
- Garnish: fresh celery leaves
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring potatoes to a boil with enough water to cover. Remove from heat, and drain liquid. Place potatoes in an ice-water bath, and let cool completely. Drain potatoes again, and layer on paper towels to dry.
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil. Brush foil with 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil, coating thoroughly. Place potatoes on baking sheets in a single layer. Brush potatoes with remaining 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil, and season with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Roast potatoes for about 15 minutes, or until browned on both sides and cooked through.
- Remove from oven, and transfer to a serving dish. Toss with malt vinegar, and sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Garnish with celery leaves, if desired. Serve immediately.