Our Roasted Rainbow Carrot Medley, makes a hearty side dish that’s accented with olive oil, garlic, and shallots. Baked until tender, it’s seasoned with sea salt and black pepper.
Roasted Rainbow Carrot Medley
Makes 6 servings
- 4 (6-ounce) packages mini rainbow carrots, cut in half
- 4 cloves elephant garlic, cut in half
- 3 shallots, quartered
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- Garnish: fresh thyme sprigs
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place carrots, garlic, and shallots on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until tender. Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired.
Get more garden fresh carrot recipes by reading “Carrot Weight” on page 35 of the March/April 2013 issue of Victoria.