Roasted Golden Beets
Makes 8 servings
Write a review
- 3 pounds golden beets, scrubbed well and dried, stem ends removed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon blood-orange zest
- 6 tablespoons blood-orange juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-light olive oil
- 21/4 teaspoons salt
- 11/4 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped, toasted walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400˚.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Rub beets generously with extra-virgin olive oil, and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour, or until beets are tender. Cool slightly, then peel beets and cut into 1-inch cubes. Place in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the orange zest, orange juice, extra-light olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic until well combined. Pour dressing over beets, and toss to evenly coat. Sprinkle with walnuts. Serve warm.