Makes 3 dozen truffles
Write a review
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 32 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped and divided
- 1/4 cup chopped freeze-dried raspberries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground chipotle chile powder, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup sparkling sugar
- In a medium saucepan, combine cream and raspberry jam. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat. Place half of chocolate in a medium bowl, and pour hot cream mixture over chocolate, stirring gently, until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in freeze-dried raspberries, 1 teaspoon chipotle powder, salt, and cinnamon. Place chocolate mixture in an airtight container, and freeze until completely chilled and firm.
- Using a 1-inch spring-loaded scoop, scoop a small amount of chocolate mixture. Using hands, roll into 1-inch balls; place truffles on a baking sheet, and freeze for 1 hour.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine remaining chocolate and shortening, and microwave on high in 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until melted and smooth. Using wooden picks, dip each ball into melted chocolate, and place on a wire rack to dry. In a small bowl, combine sugar and remaining 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder. Roll truffles in sugar mixture to coat.