From “A Taste of Local Flavor” in the October 2013 issue of Victoria magazine.
Pumpkin-White-Chocolate Soufflé Cake
Write a review
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 (4-ounce) bars white chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Garnish: confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 300°. Fill a shallow, ovenproof pan with water, and place on lower oven rack. Spray a 10-inch springform pan with nonstick spray; line bottom with parchment paper, and spray again; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, and using a whisk attachment at high speed, beat eggs, vanilla extract, and sugar until mixture becomes stiff and light in color, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine white chocolate and butter. Microwave in High (100 percent power) in 30-second intervals, stirring between each interval, until melted. Add pumpkin puree, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add pumpkin mixture to egg mixture, and whisk together quickly and thoroughly. Pour mixture into prepared pan, and bake for 1 hour. Remove from oven, and let cool completely. Cover with aluminum foil, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Before serving, remove from pan, and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired. Cake can be stored, refrigerated, in an airtight container for up to 3 days.