A symbol of new life in many cultures, the egg has long been incorporated into springtime traditions. Decorating these beloved emblems is a cherished childhood custom, but this rite of Easter can continue on with elegant adornments. In collaboration with Victoria magazine, 2019 Artist-in-Residence Stephanie Monahan introduces this exclusive craft kit, which includes papier-mâché eggs nestled in a handmade paper nest. Using her enclosed products, brush each piece with hues from nature’s palette, or ornament the trio with the art of découpage. For the final touches, delicate trimmings add beauty and dimension to these harbingers of revival.
- 1 plain papier-mâché egg
- 1 découpaged papier-mâché egg
- 1 plain papier-mâché duck egg
- 2 paintbrushes
- 1 (2-ounce) jar Monahan Botanicals Home Décor Paint in Moss
- 1 (2-ounce) jar Monahan Botanicals Home Décor Paint in Lavender
- 3 pages of seasonal ephemera
- 1 (2-ounce) jar Monahan Botanicals Satin Topcoat
- 2 (24-inch) lengths of rickrack
- 2 approximately (10-inch) lengths of hand-dyed French-style ribbon
- 12 beaded micro flowers
- Rustic paper nest
This is a pre-order. Orders will ship March 1st.