Pork Roast with Vegetables
Makes 10 servings
Write a review
- 1 (31/2-pound) pork tenderloin
- 3 teaspoons salt, divided
- 11/2 teaspoons ground black pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 pounds fingerling potatoes
- 12 baby carrots with tops attached
- 8 Forelle pears*
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Creamy Herb Sauce (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- Season pork with 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, and add 1 tablespoon oil. Sear pork loin until browned on all sides, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Transfer pork to a large roasting pan.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, carrots, pears, onion, garlic, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil, and toss. Add potato mixture and herb sprigs to the roasting pan, alongside the pork. Roast until the internal temperature of the pork reaches 165˚, about 45 minutes.
- Transfer the roast to a serving platter, and using a slotted spoon, place vegetables and pears around the roast; remove and discard herb stems. Pour the pan juices into a bowl, and reserve. Serve with Creamy Herb Sauce.
- *Forelle pears are petite, firm-fleshed pears. Four firm, medium-size pears, quartered, may be substituted.
Creamy Herb Sauce
Makes about 2 cups
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups beef stock
- Reserved pork roast pan juices
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil; add the shallots, and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle the flour over the shallots, and stir for 1 minute. Add the stock and reserved pan juices, whisking well to avoid lumps.
- Simmer until liquid is reduced by half, about 10 to 15 minutes. Whisk in the cream, mustard, salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary, and oregano. Bring to a simmer, then remove from heat. Serve immediately.