When shadows fall and the table glows with candlelight and affection, offer guests Perfect Pumpkin Pie and an opportunity to reflect upon their most cherished blessings.
Perfect Pumpkin Pie
Makes 8 to 10 servings
Write a review
- 1 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
- ¾ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 large eggs
- 1¼ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Garnish: whipped topping, ground cinnamon
- Position rack in lower third of oven, and preheat to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, unroll one piecrust. Brush lightly with water, and place remaining piecrust on top. Using a rolling pin, roll both piecrusts together to a 12-inch circle. Transfer to a 9-inch pie plate, pressing into bottom and up sides. Fold edges under and crimp, if desired.
- Top with a piece of parchment paper, letting ends extend over edges of plate. Add pie weights. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and carefully remove parchment and pie weights. Prick bottom of crust with a fork. Return to oven, and bake until edges are slightly browned. Remove from oven, and set aside to let cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°. Reposition oven rack to center.
- In a medium bowl, beat pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, nutmeg, salt, and cloves with a mixer at medium speed until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add cream and vanilla extract, beating to combine.
- Pour filling into warm crust. Bake until edges are puffed and center is set, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and let cool completely on a wire rack. Garnish with whipped topping and cinnamon, if desired.