Makes about 54
Write a review
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 (4-ounce) bars white chocolate, chopped
- 1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow crème
- 1¼ cups finely chopped soft peppermints, divided
- 3 (4-ounce) bars bittersweet chocolate, melted
- Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with foil, letting excess extend over sides.
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk, butter, sugar, salt, vanilla extract, and peppermint extract over high heat, whisking often. Bring mixture to a rolling boil. Reduce heat to medium, stirring constantly, until mixture registers 234° on a candy thermometer. Remove from heat, and stir in white chocolate, marshmallow crème, and 1 cup candy. Immediately spread into prepared pan. Freeze for 2 hours.
- Using a 2-inch round cutter, cut fudge. Using two forks, dip rounds into chocolate, coating completely. Place in prepared pan; sprinkle evenly with remaining ¼ cup candy, and allow to set for 1 hour. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.