As inviting as a cool summer breeze, mellow and fragrant Peach-Rosé Sorbet epitomizes the season’s simplest pleasures.
Makes approximately 1½ quarts
- 6 cups fresh or frozen peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups simple syrup*
- ¾ cup rosé wine
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- Garnish: fresh peaches, fresh raspberries, and gingersnaps
- In the work container of a blender, combine peaches and lemon juice. Pulse to purée until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine purée, simple syrup, wine, and corn syrup until combined.
- Using an ice-cream maker, freeze peach mixture according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer sorbet to a freezer-safe container, and freeze for 6 hours, or overnight. Garnish with peaches, raspberries, and gingersnaps, if desired. Sorbet can be stored, frozen, for up to 1 week.
*For simple syrup: In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups water and 2 cups sugar to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, and let cool completely.