Bring on the beauty of your presentation with scrumptious Peach and Raspberry Pie. Succulent summer fruits mingling in sugar and spices bubble beneath a crust shaped into layers of flowers.
Makes 1 double-crust (9-inch) pie or 12 (4-inch) tarts*
Write a review
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, diced
- 2/3 cup ice-cold water
- In the work bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade, combine flour, sugar, and salt; pulse to blend. Add butter, and pulse until crumbly.
- With food processor running, add water, and pulse until mixture comes together. Remove, and form into a disk. Wrap with plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 2 hours, and remove 15 minutes prior to using.
- *Recipe can be divided in half to make 1 single-crust (9-inch) pie or 6 (4-inch) tarts.
Peach and Raspberry Pie
Makes 1 double-crust (8-inch) pie
Write a review
- Basic Piecrust (see preceding recipe)
- 6 cups fresh peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 350˚. On a lightly floured surface, roll half of dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut a 10-inch round from dough. Place round in bottom and up sides of an 8-inch pie pan. Line dough with parchment paper, and secure with pie weights. Bake for 30 minutes; remove from oven, and let cool completely. Remove pie weights and parchment paper, and set aside.
- Roll remaining dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using a 11/2-inch flower-shaped cookie cutter, cut as many flowers from dough as possible, rerolling scraps no more than twice; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine peaches, raspberries, 1 cup sugar, vanilla extract, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Allow mixture to macerate for at least 10 minutes; strain, and discard liquid.
- In a small bowl, combine tapioca flour and cornstarch; sift over fruit mixture, and stir to combine. Place mixture in prepared piecrust. Layer flowers, in a shingle fashion, onto peach mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg and water. Using a pastry brush, lightly coat flowers with egg wash; sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar. Bake until mixture is bubbly and crust is golden brown, about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove from oven, and let cool slightly. Serve warm. Pie can be stored, refrigerated, in an airtight container for up to 3 days.