Pappardelle with Summer-Squash Ribbons
Makes 8 servings
Write a review
- 4 quarts water, divided
- 11/2 teaspoons coarse salt, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package pappardelle
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium yellow squash
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: torn fresh basil and torn fresh oregano
- In a heavy-bottomed stockpot, bring 2 quarts water to a rapid boil. Add 1 teaspoon salt. Add pasta, and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, to desired degree of doneness, about 4 to 6 minutes. Drain, and toss with olive oil; set aside.
- Using a Y-shaped vegetable peeler, peel zucchini and yellow squash into ribbons. In the same stockpot, bring remaining 2 quarts water to a boil. Add squash to blanch. Remove ribbons, and drain. Toss gently with pasta; season with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Garnish with basil and oregano, if desired. Serve immediately.