A garnish of cranberries, star anise, an orange slice, and a cinnamon stick completes our comforting Mulled Apple Cider.
Mulled Apple Cider
Makes approximately 2½ quarts
- 1 bottle semisweet white wine
- 4 cups unfiltered apple cider
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- ½ teaspoon whole cloves
- 5 star anise
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup
- apple brandy
- Garnish: fresh cranberries, cinnamon sticks, star anise, orange slices
- In a large pot, combine wine, cider, orange juice, and cranberries over medium heat. Place cloves, anise, and cinnamon sticks in a cheesecloth, and tie with twine. Steep spices with liquids at a simmer for 20 minutes; remove from heat. Discard spices, stir in brandy, and serve warm. Garnish each serving with cranberries, a cinnamon stick, star anise, and an orange slice.
For more delicious recipes featuring this orchard favorite, see “In Celebration of Apples” in the Victoria Classics issue of Autumn Bliss, available for purchase online.