Mixed Heirloom Tomato Salad
Makes 8 servings
Write a review
- 2 pounds gourmet MEDLEY™* tomatoes, halved and quartered
- 3 pounds heirloom tomatoes, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon fleur de sel flakes**
- 3 tablespoons extra-light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- In a large bowl, toss together tomatoes, fleur de sel flakes, olive oil, and lemon juice until evenly coated. Serve immediately.
- *For testing purposes, our test kitchen used gourmet MEDLEY™tomatoes, which can be purchased at Whole Foods Market and other specialty foods stores.
- **Fleur de sel (“flower of salt”) is an artisan sea salt composed of young crystals that form naturally on the surface of salt-evaporation ponds. Less salty than conventional table salts, it provides a delicate and somewhat earthy flavor, as well as a delightful crunch.