This Melon Prosciutto Salad is a refreshing dish.
Melon Prosciutto Salad
Makes 4 servings
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- 1 watermelon radish, thinly sliced
- 1 cantaloupe, cut into wedges
- ½ (4-ounce) package prosciutto
- ¼ cup Honeysuckle Simple Syrup (recipe follows)
- Garnish: bull’s blood beet micro greens, honeysuckle blossoms, fresh chervil
- On a serving platter, overlap cucumber, radish, and watermelon radish slices in concentric circles. Top with cantaloupe and prosciutto. Drizzle with Honeysuckle Simple Syrup. Garnish with micro greens, honeysuckle, and chervil, if desired.
Honeysuckle Simple Syrup
Makes 1½ cups
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1½ cups water
- ½ vanilla bean, split lengthwise, seeds scraped and reserved
- 2 cups honeysuckle blossoms
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, 1½ cups water, and vanilla bean seeds over medium-high heat. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, whisking often, until sugar is dissolved, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and add honeysuckle. Let steep for 15 minutes. Discard honeysuckle. Transfer to an airtight container, and refrigerate for up to 3 weeks.
For more recipes featuring honeysuckle, see “Ambrosial Delights” on page 119 of the May/June 2017 issue of Victoria.