This Linguine with Olive Tapenade is a refreshing and delicious dish. Mild, buttery Castelvetrano olives come together in a piquant tapenade, along with artichoke hearts, anchovies, sage, and olive oil—tossed into tender linguine and sprinkled with Parmesan.
- 2¼ cups Castelvetrano olives, pitted
- 1½ cups canned artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
- 6 anchovies, drained
- 10 fresh sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon plus 2½ teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2½ teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 (1-pound) box linguine
- Garnish: freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse olives, artichoke hearts, anchovies, sage, 2½ teaspoons olive oil, and pepper until mixture is finely chopped but not puréed.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Toss with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, and stir in prepared tapenade. Serve immediately. Garnish with Parmesan, if desired.
For more delectable olive oil–infused recipes, see “A Golden Touch of Olive Oil” on page 85 of the October 2017 issue of Victoria.