Lemon Butter Cookies
Write a review
- 1 1/4 sticks softened unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons toasted almond flour
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons ground freeze-dried raspberries (optional)
- In a large bowl and using an electric mixer at medium-high speed, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in egg, lemon zest, and vanilla extract; scrape down sides of bowl. In a small bowl, combine all-purpose flour and almond flour. Slowly add flours to butter mixture, beating until dough just comes together. Remove dough from bowl, shape into a disk, wrap tightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to just thinner than 1/4 inch. Using various sizes of heart-shaped cutters, cut about 3 dozen cookies, rerolling dough only once, if necessary. Carefully transfer cookies to baking sheets; bake for 7 to 10 minutes, or until edges just turn golden.
- Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. In a small bowl, sift together confectioners’ sugar and ground raspberries, if desired. Dust cookies lightly with sugar.