Culminate your feast with a cup of Irish Coffee—a steaming brew enriched with a brown sugar syrup, whiskey, and whipped cream—and a piece of deftly spiced Irish Porter Cake.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup water
- 16 ounces hot coffee
- 6 ounces Irish whiskey
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and ½ cup water. Cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- In 4 warmed coffee mugs, combine 1 ounce sugar syrup, 4 ounces hot coffee, and 1.5 ounces Irish whiskey.
- In a large bowl, beat cream with a mixer at medium speed until soft peaks form. Spoon desired amount of cream over coffee mixture. Serve immediately.
For more St. Patrick’s Day recipes, see “Luck of the Irish Table” in the March/April 2019 issue, available on newsstands and at Victoriamag.com.