Culminate your feast with a cup of Irish Coffee—a steaming brew enriched with a brown sugar syrup, whiskey, and whipped cream—and a piece of deftly spiced Irish Porter Cake.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup water
- 16 ounces hot coffee
- 6 ounces Irish whiskey
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and ½ cup water. Cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- In 4 warmed coffee mugs, combine 1 ounce sugar syrup, 4 ounces hot coffee, and 1.5 ounces Irish whiskey.
- In a large bowl, beat cream with a mixer at medium speed until soft peaks form. Spoon desired amount of cream over coffee mixture. Serve immediately.