These homemade crackers are flavored with honey and seasoned with coarse salt for an irresistible combination of sweet and salty.
Honey Thyme Crackers
Makes about 18 crackers
Write a review
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons semolina flour
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup lukewarm water
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a medium bowl, mix together wheat flour, semolina flour, thyme, and salt. Add water and honey, stirring to combine. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead for about 2 minutes. Place dough in an oiled bowl; cover and let rest in a warm place, free from drafts, for 15 minutes. Remove from bowl; knead for an additional 2 minutes. Cover and let rest in a warm place, free from drafts, for 20 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using a fluted pastry wheel, cut crackers in desired size. Place on a rimmed baking sheet. Using a pastry brush, lightly coat each cracker with olive oil. Evenly sprinkle with salt. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, or until edges are nicely brown and crackers are bubbly. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.