Honey-Infused Vanilla Pudding provides a satisfying finish for a savory spring meal.
Honey-Infused Vanilla Pudding
Makes about 5 cups
Write a review
- 4 cups milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and scraped, seeds reserved
- 3/4 cup honey, divided
- 8 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- Garnish: edible flower
- In a small saucepan, combine milk, vanilla extract, vanilla bean seeds, and 1/2 cup honey. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and strain.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks. Add remaining 1/4 cup honey and cornstarch, whisking until smooth. Gradually whisk warm milk mixture into egg mixture until combined. Place mixture back into saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until thick, about 3 to 5 minutes; stir in butter. Remove from heat, and strain.
- Place in container, and cover surface of pudding with plastic. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Garnish with an edible flower, if desired.