For a hearty main course, plate succulent Herb-Crusted Pork Chops atop a generous portion of Autumn Vegetable Rice. Ground mustard, dried cranberries, roasted butternut squash, and pancetta lend character to the flavorful pairing of dishes.
Herb-Crusted Pork Chops
\Makes 6 servings
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 6 (6-ounce, approximately ¾-inch-thick) center-cut pork chops, Frenched
- 2 cups fresh French bread crumbs
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup chopped mixed herbs, such as parsley, oregano, and rosemary
- Preheat oven to 425º. Lin a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- In a small bowl, combine salt and mustard. Sprinkle evenly over pork chops. Place chops on prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine bread crumbs, melted butter, and herbs. Divide mixture among tops of pork chops.
- Bake until thickest part of the chop registers 155º on a meat thermometer, about 20 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.