A scattering of rose petals elevates a crisp bed of greens, including curly endive, gourmet lettuces, and fresh herbs. Pomegranate arils and toasted walnuts also feature in the medley of this Harvest Bouquet Salad, dressed to perfection with a citrus-kissed red wine vinaigrette.
Harvest Bouquet Salad
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 cup torn curly endive
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh gourmet greens
- ½ cup fresh torn herb leaves, such as flat-leaf parsley, dill, thyme, and basil
- ⅓ cup pomegranate arils
- ½ cup coarsely chopped toasted walnuts
- ⅓ cup loosely packed rose petals, organic and pesticide-free
- Red Wine Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- In a large serving bowl, combine endive, gourmet greens, herbs, pomegranate arils, and walnuts. Sprinkle with rose petals. Drizzle with Red Wine Vinaigrette just before serving.
Red Wine Vinaigrette
Makes approximately ¾ cup
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, shallot, mustard, orange zest and juice, and salt. Whisk in olive oil.