Collecting ephemera blossomed into a cottage industry for Stephanie, who masterfully blends nostalgic images with fragments of typography to produce stationery imbued with heritage. Her Flourish Alphabet Aged Paper Sheet wraps the package above, and the exquisite script provides a pattern for making a coordinating gift tag that bears the recipient’s initial.
- Working in a well-lit area, place a thin paper over lettering that you wish to duplicate.
- Lightly trace the outline of the lettering with pencil.
- Using a metallic marker, fill in lettering. Let dry.
- Erase any visible pencil marks.
- Combine this hand-lettered paper with other motifs to create a one-of-a-kind card.
Text Melissa Lester
Photography Mac Jamieson
Styling Melissa Sturdivant Smith
To learn more about these sentimental gifts, see “Be My Valentine” in the January/February 2019 issue, available on newsstands and at Victoriamag.com. For supplies used to create the keepsakes in this post, visit Stephanie Monahan’s website.