Makes approximately 2-3 dozen cookies
Write a review
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350˚. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl and using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 to 6 minutes. Add the molasses, egg, and vanilla extract, and mix until well combined.
- In a separate large bowl, sift together the flour, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, and beat on low speed until dough comes together.
- Wrap dough tightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until firm. Using your hands, roll dough into 1-inch balls, and place on prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. With the bottom of a drinking glass, gently flatten dough balls. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until cookies feel dry and firm. Cool on pans for 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.